Frequently Asked Questions
Telehealth uses audio and video technology through smartphones and computer to access health care services remotely/virtually. High standards HIPAA compliance level. The sessions are confidential, and your information is protected and secured.
Patient online portal is a secure way to communicate with your provider about your health care needs.
Yes, we accept both insurance and private/cash-pay clients. We are in the process of accepting these insurance:
- Railroad Medicare
- Signify Health
- Superior Health/Ambetter Health
- Cigna HealthSpring
- Community Health Choice
- Aetna Better Health
- Integra Health
- Bright Health
Please call us to confirm insurance, we may already be in network, so please call or call your insurance carrier to confirm coverage before your visit.
- Self-Pay Options
If you do not have insurance, we do offer services at an affordable reduced rate based on a sliding-fee scale.
It will depend on your insurance plan. Please contact your insurance directly or call us. Once appointment is scheduled we will reach out to you to confirm your insurance plan.
Yes, you need either a phone, computer/laptop or tablet which would be used to access the link set by your provider. It will automatically connect to video once you accept the link. Please ensure you are in a private area for quality of appointment, you will also need internet connection. Please note that all visits are confidential & are held in high standards of practice as regards to you privacy. Anything you say to your provider is secure.
You will be charged a full session rate for any missed appointment that is not cancelled within 48 hours in advance. Please note that this fee cannot be paid via insurance.
We are in the process of getting in network with major insurance companies. If you have a plan that we accept, we can bill your insurance. If your insurance is not in our network, we can provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance for out-of-network reimbursement.
- Please Call 911 or go to your local nearest emergency department.
For Veterans in Crisis please text 737-888-7233 OR call 855-812-1001 to get immediate assistant
- The Crisis Text Line is also available and provides 24-hour free and confidential help. Please call (979) 826-3290 for immediate help
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 988 to talk with a live counselor when in crisis. All services are available to you 24-hours a day.
- If it is not an emergency but you are needing help or guidance with your current medication plan or a change in treatment plan, increase or decrease to your medication or help with counseling and you are not in immediate danger please call us at 254-550-6051 or schedule next available appointment.
Services offered through Essence Behavioral are private and confidential. Staff adhere to a strict ethical code in compliance with state and federal HIPAA guidelines regarding the disclosure of client information.
- Notice of Non-discrimination and Accessibility
Essence complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate or exclude people or treat them differently based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or inability to pay.